PDA

View Full Version : Gryphon Island

Tear
07-03-2009, 11:03 AM
A quick map of a rocky, sparsely populated island for a gaming project I'm currently working on.

While not overly detailed, it still provides basic information about shape and form of the landmass.

It was done in Photoshop.

Gandwarf
07-03-2009, 11:36 AM
Have some rep for posting your first map.
I must say I really like the style and it's good to see such a simple, yet elegant map again.

My only comment concerns the river... it's splitting and this is pretty rare in the real world. Water follows the way of least resistance, meaning one of your rivers would dry up. It's your map though, so if there is a good reason for the river splitting, by all means keep it in!

Tear
07-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your input, I'll think about changing the river.

Ascension
07-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice catch, G...I totally overlooked it. Why is it that you haven't been deputized yet?

Steel General
07-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Nice catch, G...I totally overlooked it. Why is it that you haven't been deputized yet?

'cause we're all a lazy bunch of CLs :D

Tear
07-03-2009, 06:52 PM
I just changed it into two separate rivers with different sources.

Sorry for posting an altered map in the finished maps section. I hope that's ok in this case.

Gandwarf
07-04-2009, 05:45 AM
You can always edit your original post and change the map. I know I do sometimes :D

Anyway, good improvement.

RobA
07-04-2009, 12:20 PM
'cause we're all a lazy bunch of CLs :D

Hey - speak for yourself!

"Done is Done!"

EDIT: Hey Gandwarf! I just noticed you have four different awards now... is that a first? (Now go win a challenge or two ;) )

-Rob A>

Gandwarf
07-04-2009, 07:35 PM
EDIT: Hey Gandwarf! I just noticed you have four different awards now... is that a first? (Now go win a challenge or two ;) )

Thanks for the award RobA :D
Now about winning those challenges... I don't think I stand a good chance at the moment. There's a lot of great talent participating, even in the light challenge. Maybe one day...