PDA

View Full Version : June Mapping Challenge question

Hoseman
06-10-2007, 01:31 AM
I have a question about this mapping challenge. Are we trying to go with a map of the entire town, or is a section of town acceptable? I think it'll work better for me if I can take like a section of town and build my map accordingly.

Is that within the guidelines or should we stay "zoomed out" on the entire town/city? I may be reading too much into it, but I'm wondering if "high-altude" views and street-map scale entries are all acceptable.

Robbie
06-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Yes...you can zoom in or out as necessary and map whatever part of yoru hometown you want. I have the same problem with my hometown...there's no way I could map the whole thing in a month. Keep in mind the contest is designed to be able to be accomplished by an average mapper in a few hours of work.

pyrandon
06-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Okay, another question for us dummies: How do I save a copy of a map from Google maps, so as to import it into Photoshop...or should I get one from somewhere else...? Kinda lost at how to do it, for it appears my normal technique has been blocked by Google.

Little help, anyone? :)

Thanks!

ravells
06-15-2007, 07:39 PM
not sure about photoshop, but psp has a function where if you press Shift + c while in psp, you can then do a screen capture from another window which automatically presents itself in psp. I'm sure ps has this function too, but I don't know what it is. if push comes to shove, I guess you could always do a print screen and then import that.

ravs

pyrandon
06-16-2007, 12:24 AM
not sure about photoshop, but psp has a function where if you press Shift + c while in psp, you can then do a screen capture from another window which automatically presents itself in psp. I'm sure ps has this function too, but I don't know what it is. if push comes to shove, I guess you could always do a print screen and then import that.

ravs

I tried the handy-dandy alt-prtscrn trick, & it didn't work. Don't know why, but clipboard ended up empty.

I couldn't find the other function in PS, either. That would be cool, though!

Thanks for trying. Any other ideas?

Robbie
06-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Thats odd, I've never had a problem screen grabbing from google maps. Google earth may be different, but google maps never caused a problem.