PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all!

Prince Lotor
07-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello I am new here. I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I found this site by accident while looking for a "geo control" tutorial and since I'm a mapper and I love what I do I figured I might as well join yet another community dedicated to the art I love so much. I hope my stay here will be a good and long one. Most other communities I have joined were game specific so it's nice to have a change of pace and belong to something that is just devoted to the art.

Thanks for having me! ;)

Immolate
07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
It's funny how many of the folks here are gamers, yet the site has refused to morph into a gaming site. Some of the best and most respected mappers on the forum are not gamers.

It is great to have another industry pro in the guild and I look forward to seeing some of your work and hopefully drawing inspiration from it.

Welcome PL!

Prince Lotor
07-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words mate! After looking around a lot I have noticed that this is indeed all about maps rather than specifics of one industry or even art from (although it seems to lean mostly to printed picture maps). And I honestly wish I found this place sooner! My work with mapping in games is usually based from real life structures and concept art work and I have always struggled with free form design of layouts, but this place is full of creativity in that exact aspect! Hopefully I can draw from such inspiration in the future.

For now I have been focusing on terrain generation and am using geo control exclusively to do so. I have yet to find a program half as good! I should have something nice to show from my work with it soon.

Steel General
07-14-2009, 06:37 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Redrobes
07-14-2009, 08:18 AM
You import stuff into the Cry Engine ? That would be interesting to see. That thing can really make some fine visuals.

NeonKnight
07-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Welcome to the Guild!