PDA

View Full Version : Wendal

DethinBlack
07-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I originally posted this on the new members forum, and got a few suggestions. As it wasn't finished anyway, I made some major modifications. The original was mostly covered with forest where there wasn't buildings... Kind of a compulsion to just fill it in...
This is done in the ZombieNirvana style, using the techniques he showed in his video tutorials. I hope to get a great deal more use out of them in the future as well. I decided to go with full written titles instead of numbers and a legend. I figure that I know what I'm going to want on this map, and if someone else wants to use it, then they have the ability to, without much problem :)

armoredgear7
07-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Looks good. The texture from all the linework in the trees & fields is really nice from a distance. It almost seems like a shame that the building roofs and surrounding walls are solid black - maybe there's an opportunity for more detail.

DethinBlack
07-21-2009, 01:39 PM
I can see what you mean, and its a definate consideration in later maps. As far as it is, I will never be completly happy with my maps. Not saying I dont like them, but I just have to finish, at some point, and stop screwing with it. I might still do that to this map... But im not sure. we shall see! Thanks for the support though :)

Redrobes
07-21-2009, 02:33 PM
This is a great map and very usable in a variety of game situations. Well done - it will make it to the thumbnails in due course but it will take a while.