PDA

View Full Version : In need of some help

Mror
07-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Hello everyone, first of all im from Argentina so i cant speak english very well :roll: but ill give a shot to this. Besides, i can practice my english jaja.

I think this is the right section.

This is the original, hand draw:

I was inspired by Greyhawk, its suposed to be a part of a big continent... like Middle Earth.

Playing a little with colors, but its too dark:

Well, this is my project. Its very poor yet but im puting some efort to learn how to map with the help of Photoshop (I used CC3 but... i dont know, it didnt convince me)

I didnt add rivers because i cant figure out how to. Now im following the guide of ZombieNirvana (youtube) so if you guys can give me some advise il be very glad?

Thanks!

P.D: Im thinking in add some textures such as oceans or grass from some website, is that ok?

NeonKnight
07-19-2009, 03:19 AM
Welcome to the Guild.

Looks good. Not being a GIMP user or anything I cannot offer much that way.

With rivers, just remember. The Flow Downhill, and go from small streams and creeks joining into larger rivers, and larger rivers and they never, ever split downstream EXCEPT in the case of a river Delta like the Nile.

Ascension
07-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I moved this over to the Regional section instead of the Request section since you are looking for tips and not an actual map made by someone else.

So, as for tips, I would suggest making your mountain shapes more diversified. Right now they all look like upside down letter V's. That's fine for now but make some bigger and some smaller, make some wider and some thinner.