PDA

View Full Version : JUNE ENTRY: Lake Travis

Revivalofhonor
06-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Hiya guys, i decided to have a go at the june mapping challenge, and decided to post up 3 of the major "steps" i suppose, that i've taken so far. suggestion and comments always welcome! :P and if i'm breaking any rules for the mapping challenge, yell at me!

Revivalofhonor
06-16-2007, 06:16 PM
I decided to add in some roads and begin adding a small settlement before i worked out the forest for some reason on this map, ah well here what i've got so far

Arcana
06-17-2007, 02:55 AM
You broke a rule...posted in the wrong forum...all WIPS for challenges should be in the challenge forum.

Its late, so I'm goin to bed...I'll comment on this tomorrow ;) (and the other entries too)

Revivalofhonor
06-17-2007, 03:05 AM
:P oops, lol well i'd move it if i knew how ^_^

hm you already moved it! :o

pyrandon
06-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Looking very good so far. Looking forward to the finished product!

Revivalofhonor
06-17-2007, 09:43 PM
mkay... added some forests, looks a little off to me, but kinda in the direction i'm wanting to go, i've decided i also want to make the main town section where the two roads meet in the northeast corner of the map (red circle)

ravells
06-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Nice feel to this map. Can't wait to see the final version.

Ravs

Revivalofhonor
06-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Alright began working on the town in the Northwestern corner of the map, I'm kind of running with te idea that it started as a small logging town, however, a church moved into the village and kind of got things a little more organized, as well as brought more trade to the region through it's influences. To this day, the church maintains a large amount of control over the town, with the head clergyman also acting as mayor. lol the story is a little lame at the moment <_< but will have to work on that later.

Updates:
- Town added in Northwestern Corner
- haha some people said the background i was using made the hills look like fungus so added a light color fill on the background make it a greener color.