PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] New Dawn of the West Map

AslanC
07-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey there folks.

This is a map I have been working on for over a year. It started small, got big and is now back down to size.

The geography is done for the most part (I love to tweak) and I am no in the putting names on things stage (countries easy, rivers tedious).

I made it using a combination of Hexmapper and Photoshop.

Feedback more than welcomed, it is sought :)

The link to the map is in my sig. :D

misteradam
07-21-2009, 11:08 PM
thats huge! it looks nice and clean. sorry i can't say anything helpful other than an asspat. good work!

AslanC
07-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks.

I am tweaking and tweaking and tweaking right now.

Slowly she will be perfect and then ... muhahahahahahaha... ha... ahem... I got nothing. ;)

AslanC
07-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Well it was clean ;)

Seems as I populated my mountain ranges, rivers, forests, territories, etc the place got crowded with names.

As I am no artist I have done the best I can, but am now working on a version with numbered markers that goes along with a key to make sure it is cleaner.

For now though, in all it's messy glory, here is the as-completed-as-this-version-will-get map.

The Completed Map of The West (http://sites.google.com/site/newdawnofthewest/MainMap.gif)

ravells
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Lovely wargamy feel to it.... is it for an RPG or something else?

AslanC
07-27-2009, 12:48 PM
It is for my Labyrinth Lord (Basic D&D Retro-Clone) rpg campaign. :)

No joking it has been a work in progress since about 2000. Truly if I count some of the ideas on the map that have been kicking around since high school, more like 1985 or so.

It feels weird to have it done finally.

Eilathen
07-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Nice map. A very old-school feel to it. I like the landshape.

Tell us more about the world (or at least of the shown part of it) itself...

AslanC
07-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Thanks. Old school Greyhawk was what I was looking to emulate a bit in this map :) Always loved the poster maps that came with the boxed set :)

As for the world itself... well I have a document that covers in brief the last 2000 years of the West.

Is that allowed to be posted here?

Steel General
07-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Neat stuff!

We don't get many hex-based maps.

AslanC
07-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks.

I am putting the final touches on the version with no text, just color coded markers.

Am I allowed to post the history of the world? Or later a gazetteer?