PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

silvonus
07-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Hello Everyone! I've been lurking here for a little while. I've always been interested in maps, but never had the artistic skill or time. I played a little bit with CC3, but they look felt way too corny for me. I eventually came across ZombieNirvana, and have been slowly educating myself and playing around. I'm currently working on my first real map, my "glorified test" which you can see here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?p=70780#post70780). Please take a look and comment. A much longer post is there. So hello again, and thanks in advance for the welcomes!

Steel General
07-22-2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Ascension
07-22-2009, 06:03 PM
Welcome to the guild.

Gandwarf
07-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Welcome Silvonus.

I can understand what you are getting at when you talked about CC3... but if you master the software you can create some pretty unique looking maps. Still, you certainly have a point.

NeonKnight
07-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the Guild.

CC3, Corny? Some of the styles, i guess, but myself? I use nothing but, and I believe I have made some pretty damn fine maps! :D

silvonus
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Thank you all for the welcomes! And I don't mean to be hating on CC3 or anything like that :). I never spent that much time with it, so I really don't know it that well. But I just couldn't get the look that I wanted with it.

DethinBlack
07-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Welcome Silvonus. I got my start on ZN as well. Those were some very good tutorials, and started getting me used to Photoshop. Its a really good resource, and I see you have made great use of it as well. Your map looks really good.