PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a frustrated author.

SilverDrake3
07-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I've just spent all of last night and most of this morning fuming over the fact that I can't seem to make a map for my fantasy story that I'm at all satisfied with.

I'm hoping that through a little help from people who are really into this, I might actually get something decent.

If nothing else, I can bug you to do it for me. :P

töff
07-22-2009, 05:27 PM
You should post a drawing of it ... not final art, but at least get everything onto the page, in the proper places.

Gandwarf
07-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Welcome. Lots of frustrated authors here trying to map... or only mapping and not writing :D

töff
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
.. authors here trying to map... or only mapping and not writing :DYOU TALKIN'A ME? you talkin'a *ME* ...? who you talkin' to.

Gandwarf
07-22-2009, 05:51 PM
YOU TALKIN'A ME? you talkin'a *ME* ...? who you talkin' to.

Haha... I was mostly talking about myself now, but I know there's loads of people like me on this forum :D

Steel General
07-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Jykke
07-23-2009, 05:09 AM
You should hope that mapping doesn't distract you too much.. Depending on the quality of maps you want to produce, it could take some while to learn the technique & tricks.

NeonKnight
07-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

ravells
07-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Welcome to the Guild! If you do give up on your map (and I hope you don't) you can always see if someone will do it for you by posting in the 'Maps Requested' section.

Karro
07-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Haha... I was mostly talking about myself now, but I know there's loads of people like me on this forum :D

Oh yeah... it's been, what, over a year since I started working on my map for my "fantasy novel" and I haven't hardly written a word for it (nor finished the map).

Also: Welcome, SilverDrake. Good luck, both on the map and on the writing. At least on the former, you've come to the right place, as this site is just packed with helpful people, great tutorials, and awe-inspiring maps made by some truly awesome folks.

Immolate
07-23-2009, 11:22 PM
They don't call it a "Fantasy" novel for nothing! Welcome to the board and good luck with all of your ambitions :)

vgunn
07-29-2009, 11:43 PM
I've just spent all of last night and most of this morning fuming over the fact that I can't seem to make a map for my fantasy story that I'm at all satisfied with.

Man do I know that feeling. ;)