PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Kingdoms: The World of Karis

MittenNinja
06-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Pyrandon was kind enough to work with me in creating a world map of my current homebrew campaign setting that I am in the process of completely fleshing out. Pyrandon created the map from a fractal map made with a random generator that I had given him and we went from there. After a dozen or so e-mails he had a nearly finished product and I went to labeling. At some point I will be getting down to the nitty gritty and labeling/naming all of the mountain ranges/forests/rivers/ruins etc. (which will take me quite some time). Overall I am extremely pleased with the end results and I present them here to share with all of you.

Karis has just seen a near apocalypse with the end of the Abyssal Wars, a demonic onslaught that has lasted for hundreds of years and destroying kingdoms/empires left and right. Once a continent of utmost diversity and power, there remains only ten cities standing. These ten pillars of hope now must rebuild in a war torn and nearly barren landscape while still mourning for those who have been lost.

HandsomeRob
06-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Nice work!

The style is very evocative. I think (with the addition of a scale) that this would make a very nice "introduction"-type map of your world. Once you get around to naming a higher density of features, I would maybe adapt a more conservative style so as to be more clear.

-Rob

IngIngsvar
01-30-2009, 06:58 PM
Very nice!

It conveys a certain darkness that I believe (if i understand correctly) that you want!

Good job!

Steel General
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Interesting - looking forward to seeing your progress.

torstan
01-31-2009, 10:22 AM
I love this map. It's a great style, and the representations of the terrains are very refreshing. Good work!

JFJohnny5
01-31-2009, 01:37 PM
Nice looking map! And it sure looks like a fun place to visit! Any vacation condos for sale? :)

Gandwarf
01-31-2009, 01:54 PM
You guys do know you are replying to a thread that was started in june 2007? And that MittenNinja was last here in june 2008? :D

Interesting - looking forward to seeing your progress.

Progress has been slow so far I think :D

torstan
01-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Ah. Ahem. Yes well. Carry on. Nothing to see here...

Steel General
01-31-2009, 03:32 PM
You guys do know you are replying to a thread that was started in june 2007? And that MittenNinja was last here in june 2008? :D

Progress has been slow so far I think :D

Oh well, that's what I get for not looking at the post dates.

IngIngsvar
02-01-2009, 09:12 AM
My bad!

Oh well.