View Full Version : Test of the Demonweb
07-25-2009, 03:58 AM
One of my first dungeon maps with CC3, i made it to run the free adventure of the same name.
07-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Have some rep for posting several maps.
I like this one. Good use of textures and colors. It's still a bit empty though and the large pedestals (with the spiders on top) are pretty blurry.
07-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Nicely done, I think the only thing I would possible change is to lessen the shadows a bit. They seem quite 'intense'.
07-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Looks really good.
Few suggestions, I think may help.
1. Add a Bevel Effect to the Walls to make them stand out a little.
2. I agree with Steel General, Less the shadows a little, not muc, just a little bit.
3. Apply an inside glow on the floor. This will create a slight shadow effect where the floors and the walls meet.
4. At the bottom of your map, Just above and to the right of the word DEMONWEB, I can see that you use the STRAIGHT PATH tool when drawing your map, and you map the walls a single path. To fix this use the FRACTALISE tools to the Left of the screen TOOLS. Right Click on the button, and choose PATH TO POLY tool. This will 'close' the path to a single POLYGON and join the two edges.
To see some examples of some CC3 made Dungeons look for the SHADOWFELL, THUNDERSPIRE, PYRAMID OF SHADOWS, and TROLLHAUNT maps. These maps all have examples of CC3 produced maps.
07-26-2009, 02:40 AM
1. Yes, i did it when i only have the CC3, and i follow pretty much the original one, so i got the objets from other sources and i could not put my hands in a good pedestal, maybe i should had use blur.
2. Yeha, i like the shadows a lot, so maybe i over use them XD
3. Yes, i know now, i now know the DD3 tutorial XD.
4. Nodes is one of my problems, im used to Corel and this CAD thing is a pain in the ass to me, but im learning, i will see those map samples XD
*As you sure notice, english is not my nature language so i beg your pardon if i dont write it correctly.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.