PDA

View Full Version : Writer on board

vgunn
07-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Greetings!

What an amazing site, so glad I stumbled upon it. Many talented artists I have seen already. Just looking at some of the maps is an inspiration to me. I am a writer with very little drawing talent, but hope to improve on this one day.

Best,

Val

Gamerprinter
07-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

What kind of fiction do you write? Anything published?

Lots to do here, check out the Finished Map Forums as well as the WIP and Monthly Challenge boards - lots to see. If you don't have a specific graphics application to do your own mapping we have a Mapping Software thread in the General Forum. No doubt you'll want to check out the Tutorial Forum as a best place to begin your improvement in your art skills.

Again, welcome.

GP

vgunn
07-29-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks GP.

Four novels finished. One published and another that is long overdue--which should be out in Q4 or sometime early next year. I've done some freelance travel writing as well.

AslanC
07-29-2009, 11:44 PM
Welcome to the fun house!

They are very nice people around here ... honest :)

vgunn
07-30-2009, 12:02 AM
Welcome to the fun house!

They are very nice people around here ... honest :)

Really glad to hear it. I am getting lost in all the stuff I've seen so far.

mmmmmpig
07-30-2009, 12:05 AM
It is easy to get lost here. I have to limit myself to only a few areas of the forum lest I go crazy

Steel General
07-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Karro
07-30-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks GP.

Four novels finished. One published and another that is long overdue--which should be out in Q4 or sometime early next year. I've done some freelance travel writing as well.

Welcome; hopefully, if you're looking to make good-looking maps, you'll find the fine folks here can help you learn how.

So... where should we be looking for your published work?

vgunn
07-30-2009, 10:44 AM
So... where should we be looking for your published work?

With luck, everywhere. ;)

A Resonance of Shadows will be available at bookstores, online and libraries once its released. I wrote articles a few years back for Condé Nast Traveler, Travel + Leisure, Departures, ET and Blue--before our triplets came on board and my wanderlust was quelled (at least for now).

Ascension
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Ooo Conde Nast, good stuff. Welcome.