PDA

View Full Version : Hello, here is my first map

DavidAFFox
07-30-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello, I am new here, looking for help with a map for my novel I am currently writing. I have been reviewing a bunch of the tutorials, here is a map that I have been working on this week...Hope you enjoy!

AslanC
07-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice first effort!

Aren't those tutorials just awesome? I love them :)

Oh and have some rep for posting your first map :)

Coyotemax
07-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice! aren't these maps fun? I kind of like the size of the rivers, makes the map seem a bit more up close and personal than most of the ones along this style. If I look closely, I can almost see people :)

Ascension
07-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Good stuff. Two quick, minor things to think about for your next map...make the rivers more "squiggly" and not so straight and also make them vary in width (give the rivers some bulges here n there).

Steel General
07-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Welcome Aboard and kudos for your first map... :)

NeonKnight
07-30-2009, 07:18 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

DavidAFFox
07-31-2009, 12:09 AM
Good stuff. Two quick, minor things to think about for your next map...make the rivers more "squiggly" and not so straight and also make them vary in width (give the rivers some bulges here n there).

Thanks! One for the great tutorial, and two for the advice, I zoomed in and was working on towns, but I found that the lakes have a bunch of "squiggles" which makes it look off, so I am re-doing the map now that I have the hang of it...Again, thanks for the awesome tutorial it was a big help!

DethinBlack
08-05-2009, 05:41 AM
Welcome to the guild!

Awesome first map, I have to agree Coyote, the rivers really help put it in perspective!