PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody !

Nadawë
07-30-2009, 08:08 PM
Maps drawing is an activity I've practiced for a long time (25 years) with paper & pencils and the limits of my skill.
As the main objective was to produce something usable and efficient, the artistic side was optional and reserved for big maps (worlds) an limited to what I'm able to do.

I've never learned how to draw something.

But I'm always eager to improve my production and I was strongly impressed (if not amazed) by the works of the members of Cartographers Guild.

So, I'll follow your tutorials and advices, and try to walk in the steps of the giants ;))

Cheers.

Nadawë (sorry for my bad english, that I also learned by myself.)

Ascension
07-30-2009, 08:38 PM
Welcome to the guild. The tuts here are designed to show people that you don't need any artistic skill whatsoever...you just need an imagination and some perseverance. When you think that you are ready, post up some of your stuff, even the old stuff, because we like them all.

Steel General
07-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
07-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Nomadic
07-31-2009, 07:17 AM
Welcome to the guild, don't feed the Gandwarfs...

Gandwarf
07-31-2009, 08:58 AM
Welcome to the guild Nadawë!

We give the really good clowns a grey name on this forum.

Coyotemax
07-31-2009, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the site, I can tell you from personal experience that it doesn't take long to get accepted here :)

And yes, please do post your previous works!

(and in regards to your comments about footsteps of the giants, just remember that everyone is new to everything at some point.. and you may be further along than you seem to think you are)

Nomadic
07-31-2009, 06:31 PM
and in regards to your comments about footsteps of the giants, just remember that everyone is new to everything at some point.. and you may be further along than you seem to think you are

Indeed, some of the professional mappers here (myself included) got our start by standing on the shoulders of giants like Ascension and RobA (and many others).

I might suggest checking this (http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48) out.

AslanC
08-01-2009, 12:41 AM
Welcome aboard :)