PDA

View Full Version : I've found Mecca!

GCube
07-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Hello, I'm new.

Here's a WIP (Ruins & Ronin style setting) map that I recently whipped up.

holyshinto (http://sites.google.com/site/holyshintobatman/home/Kamigawa.gif)

Looking forward to meeting the community!

Oh...constructive criticism is encouraged.

:)

Gandwarf
07-31-2009, 03:15 PM
Welcome to the guild GCube!

Nice map. For what purpose did you create it?

Nomadic
07-31-2009, 03:21 PM
Nice map... are you a MTG player or did you just happen to randomly pick that name?

töff
07-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Having done some wargaming in my past, I expect rivers to be hexes or hexsides. If I were playing a game on that map, I'd be pulling my hair out trying to count movement points.

GCube
07-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Thanks!

Nice map. For what purpose did you create it?

It's for a Japanese-styled D&D setting.

Nice map... are you a MTG player or did you just happen to randomly pick that name?

I stole\borrowed the name from the MTG set of the same name. If this campaign was standard fantasy, I would make up my own names, but since I know almost nothing about Japanese nomenclature, I decided to be lazy.

Having done some wargaming in my past, I expect rivers to be hexes or hexsides. If I were playing a game on that map, I'd be pulling my hair out trying to count movement points.

Fortunately for all involved, this map is strictly for topographical reference.

:)

Nomadic
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I stole\borrowed the name from the MTG set of the same name. If this campaign was standard fantasy, I would make up my own names, but since I know almost nothing about Japanese nomenclature, I decided to be lazy.

I suggest you send Gamerprintshop (http://www.cartographersguild.com/member.php?u=878) a PM (you'll need 5 posts before you can use the PM system though). He's the resident master of all things Japanese. In fact he's in the process of publishing his own oriental style setting called Kaidan.

AslanC
08-01-2009, 12:42 AM
I told you sir! And nice job on that map. :)

Steel General
08-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Nice little map and as a member of the local River Police a good job on the rivers! :)

NeonKnight
08-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

GCube
08-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Nice little map and as a member of the local River Police a good job on the rivers!

Hahhah...I noticed that badge on a few of the other members avatars and was wondering what they might say.