PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Borg Steam Factory

architect
08-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Hello, all I have been a prop builder for quite a while and have more than a passing interest in maps too. so I signed up :D

feel free to ask any questions you might have. If we have some sort of page here to create a profile I will try to do so soon, other wise you may just have to ask those questions.

brief info on me is that I am a metal worker and manufacture both eye wear right now and the tools to make them as well.
A savager of computer parts for various reasons (one is for the magnets to make magnetic Rubik's cubes)
and a leather worker with quite a bit of experience in that. (masks to gauntlets and such)

most recently I am adding to that sewing machine operating which is quite a bit harder than the last skill I acquired (building, and operating, as well as programming, CNC machinery) to my surprise.

Sincerely,
The Architect!

Ascension
08-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the guild. Quite a diverse set of skills you have there. I haven't tooled any leather since I was a boy but it was pretty fun. Not sure that my palomino appreciated the effort I put in to decorate his saddle, though...horses can be like that sometimes :) Poke around and have fun.

Redrobes
08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
That sounds like a real interesting background which is always a good thing. Have you made leather armor yet or even chain mail ? I tried that but threw the towel in after about 1 inch square. Respect to anyone who can do that.

If memory serves me right (and it often doesn't) I think Ascension under plays his crafty skillz too. I'll let you dig through the boards to find out about those.

I used to program some CNC machines too. Used to convert 3D probe scan data into machine jobs in another life. Might have another go at that sometime...

AslanC
08-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Welcome welcome sir :)

How does one savage a computer for magnets? ;)

I kid, I kid... what is a magnetic Rubik's Cube though?

NeonKnight
08-02-2009, 01:40 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Ascension
08-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I think a magnetic rubik's cube would be handy then instead of trying to pry the cubes apart I could just easily pop them apart and reassemble. :)

Steel General
08-02-2009, 10:11 AM
Welcome Aboard!