PDA

View Full Version : Continent Map - Enzopea

Esteban
08-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Hello,

This is the first map I've posted here. Just looking for some feedback.

Map Name: Continent of Enzopea

This map is for an ongoing fantasy campaign I've been running for years. The coastline, rivers and mountains were originally hand drawn. The map was then scanned and was colored and filled in using Photoshop (6 and CS). The various images on the map are either hand drawn or clipart.

Thanks!

Coyotemax
08-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Nicely done. If I ever get around to working with this sort of visual style, i hope they turn out as well as this.

*applause*

And welcome to the guild!

töff
08-09-2009, 12:14 AM
Dang good job. I think you're safe even from the official River Police ... and the black-line river style makes you safe from that one guy who runs around here complaining about estuaries (I won't name names).

Ascension
08-09-2009, 12:38 AM
I like maps with stuff all over them, icon-wise. Lends a lot of flavor and set the imagination afire. Good job.

töff
08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Oh ... no roads?

That reminds me: we rarely see ocean routes, too.

Gandwarf
08-09-2009, 05:44 AM
Have some more reputation. It's a very nice map! All the symbols do indeed give it a lot of flavor (Love the dragon resting on the scale bar!) Where did you find these symbols or did you draw them yourself?

The border of the map is nice as well. It all fits really well together.

Steel General
08-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Wonderful job, a map to be proud of.

Esteban
08-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the compliments!

Where did you find these symbols or did you draw them yourself?

The only symbol I drew was the 'skull and crown' symbol. The rest were from various clipart sources most of which I colored in using Photoshop.

Oh ... no roads?

I thought about adding but thought the map might get too 'busy' with so much on it already. I do plan on making a second map with political/national boundaries and will add roads to that one. Good point about ocean routes - I'll add those as well.

Thanks!