PDA

View Full Version : Gothic Cosmology

Sapiento
08-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Story behind the map: the Goths remained in power and built an Empire in West Europe, the East Roman Empire still exists. The Gothic prophet and philospher Algeric merged the Arian Christianity with Greek philosophy.
The pictures shows (beginning in the upper left corner clockwise): the Sphere of Angels and Saints, the Sphere of Philosophers and Artisans, the Sphere of Fools and the Sphere of Devils and Demons

Sorry for the image link, but I was not able to upload the map due to the great file size. For a full view you have to go to my deviantart.page (link below).

EDIT: Thanx for attached image :)

töff
08-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Me love. <<<

Ghostman
08-09-2009, 03:44 PM
It has captured that old flat earth feel pretty well. Only thing that seems lacking is that the angel and saint don't have that typical halo around their heads that you see in medieval icons.

Steel General
08-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Cool stuff...

Sapiento
08-10-2009, 12:43 AM
Me love. <<<

It has captured that old flat earth feel pretty well. Only thing that seems lacking is that the angel and saint don't have that typical halo around their heads that you see in medieval icons.

Cool stuff...

Thanx :D

As far as I can remind the halo around heads were more an orthodox thing. But I can be wrong of course.

ravells
08-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Sapiento, this is downright beautiful. Lovely work.

Karro
08-11-2009, 12:17 PM
Very interesting concept for a map, and nice execution.

Sapiento
08-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Sapiento, this is downright beautiful. Lovely work.

Very interesting concept for a map, and nice execution.

Thank you both.:)