PDA

View Full Version : Hello there people!

Meridius
08-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi there all!

I'm obviously new here. So let me tell a thing or two about myself. I'm from the Netherlands, and primarily draw maps for my D&D campaign. While I run a pretty straightforward game with some people who like it simple and fun (and that's fine) I do like to introduce a map or two.

I do like some quality though, and I've been looking for a place like this for a while now, and just happened to stumble in. There's some incredible maps floating around here, and I surely hope to be inspired. I may be a little shy, but I'll stay around, and may come out of hiding every now and then. And perhaps, if I ever produce something of high enough standard (for my own taste) I might just post it here (no promises!).

Redrobes
08-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Its a Dutch invasion ! Run, run for your lives....

Ahem, that is to say you will find plenty of locals around here. They will be along shortly.

Oh yeah - Welcome :)

And post whatever you have, good or poor it wont make any difference except for your Rep ratings ;)

We have a members location map too under the community menu. Add yourself to the approx location if you dare. There ought to be many pins in the Netherlands by now but they're all shy.

NeonKnight
08-10-2009, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Ascension
08-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the guild.

Steel General
08-11-2009, 07:59 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Gandwarf
08-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Its a Dutch invasion ! Run, run for your lives....

Ha, the Netherlands couldn't even invade Liechtenstein (a country with a population of 35.000).

Welcome to the guild Meridius :)

Steel General
08-11-2009, 11:29 AM
Ha, the Netherlands couldn't even invade Liechtenstein (a country with a population of 35.000).

Isn't there a 'country' on a oil platform or something in the North Sea or English Channel (Sealand or something on that order?), maybe you could invade them :D

Gandwarf
08-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Isn't there a 'country' on a oil platform or something in the North Sea or English Channel (Sealand or something on that order?), maybe you could invade them :D

Good idea. Unfortunately it's unlikely we would succeed.
Gone are the glory days... during which we could invade England and take London :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/learning/william/flash/invasion/invasion.shtml

Ascension
08-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Go for Vatican City...just a bunch of dudes in robes and the Swiss Guard still uses pikes for crying out loud (not to mention their choice of camouflage only works if they are hiding in a circus, Mardi Gras parade, or ball pit at Chuck E Cheese).

Meridius
08-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome!

And Redrobes, I've also added my approximate location to the guild-map.

icosahedron
08-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Sealand was invaded by Germans in the seventies, but the original occupants recaptured it.

The Swiss Guard are trained like our SAS, the pikes are the visible weapons, (those uniforms are very padded, aren't they?) and you never get to see the regiment stationed inside - have you read Dan Brown?... ;)
Oh, and you'd have to invade Italy first, just to get there.

BTW - Welcome Meridius. :)