PDA

View Full Version : My First Map

nutranurse
08-12-2009, 04:59 PM
So this is my first map that I have put any amount of effort into, it was made over the course of the past two days. I used Fractal Terrains Pro and Photoshop CS3 to make the entire thing as well as the brush presets by Wag and StarRaven.

The map is for an interactive fiction story that I am doing over on a different forum. This map in question is of the western portion of the northern continent where the Kassk Empire holds dominance.

Gandwarf
08-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Have some reputation for posting your first map.
I like it, although the symbols are a bit too blurry for my taste. Very nice font!

nutranurse
08-12-2009, 08:32 PM
Yeah I was worried about the blurry symbols myself, but by time I realised how blurry they were I had gone a bit far in. For my next map, however, expect crisp, clean, and sharp!

Ascension
08-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I like the general feeling of the map, the colors, the grunge, the town symbols. I'm not wild about the pink mountains and the sea serpent but, as they say, only real men can wear pink mountains :) Keep at it because I think you have your own style evolving here and we always like to see that.

Skaryn
08-13-2009, 02:09 AM
I like it, it looks like it would fit right onto a peice of parchment. I love that font, very mystical like.

AslanC
08-13-2009, 02:53 AM
Very nice :)

Are there Gnomes in Zurik? ;)

Steel General
08-13-2009, 07:26 AM
I think it came out quite nicely.

I do agree about the blurred city symbols, but you've already covered that.

@Ascension - Your monitor must be going bad, those mountains aren't pink! :)

Turgenev
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
I really like this. It deserves some well earned rep.