PDA

View Full Version : Trajia

jameswllorimer
08-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Ok here's my first map, which took far to long to make and looks pretty poor compared to what's on display here (I typically found the guild after this pic was finished :roll:).. but I felt like I should post it here, just to see what people think.

Background - Trajia is a colony moon orbiting in the planet Ventu, a Federation protectorate. The world has less surface water than Earth, and has only one major ice polar cap, the other being a cold desert. The map is to be a reference for a Star Trek PBEM rpg.

Ok critique away, please don't be too harsh.

Larry

Steel General
08-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks pretty nice, from what I can see (it's awfully small). Can you post a bigger/higher-rez image?

jameswllorimer
08-18-2009, 09:19 PM
Sorry no... I only made this size (the image was intended for a webpage)

Redrobes
08-18-2009, 09:46 PM
In that case my first top tip is to make stuff big and shrink it at the end. Its easier (unless really big) but there's some tech issues which this avoids too which I wrote about in a tut here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=2596) if your interested.

Map looks real good too.

NeonKnight
08-19-2009, 07:24 AM
Good Map, and I agree, BIG -> small is easier than small -> BIG

jameswllorimer
08-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah I'd started big.. but due to working late into the night and then making a mess of save I managed to save my .psd not the .jpg i wanted to as the smaller file. After lots of cursing, I vowed to be more careful but couldn't bring myself to start again!

Thanks for the feedback.