PDA

View Full Version : [Fulfilled]New member looking for cartographer

thirdkingdom
08-21-2009, 12:39 PM
New member here. Looks like a great site. I am in the process of editing and revising the Third Kingdom Player's Handbook and am looking for someone willing to donate some time and energy drawing a couple of maps for me. I already have found someone willing to donate artwork and he made a quick map for me using Campaign Cartographer, but I'm looking for something a little more distinctive. An introduction and free .pdf of the PHB (1st draft) can be found at www.thirdkingdomgame.com.

Thanks,

Todd

NeonKnight
08-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I looked at the site, looks good with the Artwork.

What sort of remuneration is provided to a cartographer? You are stating you would selling the game system.

While I use CC3, I do not make 'traditional' CC3 maps.

Steel General
08-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Welcome Aboard!

What style map are you looking for?

thirdkingdom
08-21-2009, 03:16 PM
To answer questions . . . Alexandre (the artist) is donating his time on the artwork at this point, with the understanding that he would get a share of any future sales; he's doing it more because he thinks it is a worthwhile project and to help build his resume. I am currently on the second draft and don't plan on publishing for sale until 2010 at the earliest, after playtesting.
I am looking for simple maps, no color. When I hand-draw maps I usually divide it 1" x 1" grids so I can "zoom in" on progressively smaller areas, each map being gridded to the same proportion. I wouldn't add grids to the maps in the PHB, however. I would like to keep the maps in the PHB similar to what might actually be available to the characters, leaving greater detail for GM maps.

Hope this helps,

Todd

thirdkingdom
08-22-2009, 02:47 PM
I guess the next step would be to ask what the going rates for maps are?

Todd

NeonKnight
08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
Hard to say. I have done maps for anywhere from $20 to $100+. The question would be how much work is involved, and what are you willing to pay. More work, would obviously mean more pay.

Grebholan
09-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I hand draw in one colour ink - usually brown on champange coloured paper, it gives a great effect. I might be able to offer some assistance; do you have a time scale for this work as I am very busy right now but always open to new work/experience? End result can be pdf or some such, large file size with high res if needed.

thirdkingdom
09-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the offer; I have already found someone and forgot to edit the title of the thread. Sorry, but thanks for your interest.

Todd