PDA

View Full Version : Medieval city (hand drawn)

theworldiown
08-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I drew this city map while I was in class the other day on the bottom of my handout. I just wanted to get your opinions and advice. I know that this is real crude but i don't have any city mapping software. One of them has labels that I added in paint just to give you an idea about what I was thinking when I drew it.

Gandwarf
08-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Welcome to the guild theworldiown! It's a nice map, too bad it's on the bottom of a handout. Although that kind of makes it cool as well :)
I like the layout and the fields. No other comments...

töff
08-23-2009, 07:00 PM
... Historical Linguistics?

theworldiown
08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
no, Pashto.

Coyotemax
08-23-2009, 07:30 PM
With work like this, who needs city mapping software? :)
Seriously, it's great. I could totally wander around in there all day long!

And really - it's incredibly detailed for the size, too.. how long did that take you?

theworldiown
08-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks! It took me about an hour. I also filled the rest of the page with hills and villages but they weren't very well done.

Ascension
08-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I love these types of things. I spent my entire school and college scribbling cars and superheroes around the edges and not really listening to the teacher. I think it looks just fine, good layout, etc etc etc. I'd like to see you really put some serious work in on this in a bigger scale so that you can get some more detail in but I like it as is all the same. Good job.