PDA

View Full Version : WIP-Maps of the Wolf Lands-Tar-Koldor

LordFenrir
08-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Greetings all!

This topic is going to contain the work-in-progress collection of maps that I am creating for the upcoming release of The Shadow of the Dog Lord Roleplaying Adventure Game which is due for release at Anthrocon in 2011.

All of these maps are drawn by hand with Micron fineliner pens, a cheap-ish calligraphy pen, and (soon to be) sepia watercolours on watercolour paper.

The first map I present to you is of the western part of the currently known world: the Wolf Empire of Tar-Koldor.

C&C welcome!

Cheers,
LordFenrir

Gandwarf
08-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Nice map. I especially like the mountains and cartouche. Not sure if this is a WIP or the final deal. I have some comments, but it might be because it's still a WIP:

There seems to be only a couple of towns and quite some open space. Do you plan to fill it up or is this the final version? Not saying that you should fill it up, but it does look a bit empty at the moment. You might consider adding some more features, like hills, swamps, forests, roads, etc.

Finally, the symbols for the towns might need some more attention. The mountains are very well done, but also dominating, grabbing the attention. The towns should be the real places of interest I think, so they should get some extra treatment as well?

Anyway, have some rep for posting your first map.

pasis
08-24-2009, 09:59 AM
I sure hope you would add more details as you certainly know how to draw. Rep coming of course.

cereth
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I love hand drawn maps...and this one is coming along nicely. I really like the calligraphy too...works very well. I'm looking forward to seeing where this one goes!

LordFenrir
08-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks all for the kind comments!

As far as the lack of towns go, I left a lot of areas blank for inperitation by the GMs of any games ran. But it still is very much a WIP, so a few villages will be placed and forests/etc added :)

Cheers all!
LordFenrir

Coyotemax
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Very nice so far. Things like this are starting to make me want to try my hand at doing my own hand drawn maps!

yay for inspiration, keep up the good work.

ravells
08-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Lovely work. I hope you're going to continue with this, I'd love to see how it looks when it's finished. Hand drawn maps are wonderful and it really helps if one can draw (as you can).

Steel General
08-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Very nice, look forward to seeing more (if there is any).

AslanC
08-24-2009, 03:33 PM
Very very nice.

I am a sucker for hand drawn maps.

Tear
08-24-2009, 03:57 PM
I like this a lot.
Repped.

Also, nice toes.
Just kidding.
;)

msa
08-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Love the map! The mountains are very nice, but the rivers are what really impressed me. It would be great if we could see some more of them on the map.

Diamond
08-24-2009, 10:44 PM
That is beautiful, especially the mountains and the twin lighthouses. Man, I really got to start drawing again...

I lol'd a bit at the Ebony and Ivory Mountains. I'm picturing Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney singing from the peaks. :D