PDA

View Full Version : Additions

Karro
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
So... my wife was wondering if I'd brought this up on the board here, and I told her I hadn't, since I couldn't think of an appropriate way to do so. Anyway, she's just bursting at the seems to share the news, so I may as well share it here after all: we're expecting.

It's still pretty early, and we haven't told anyone else (outside of web boards, where you're cloaked by anonymity, she's sharing along with some ladies on a pregnancy board). In fact, we haven't even had the first doc's appointment yet.

Anyway, Mods, feel free to remove this if it's inappropriate...

Regardless... considering the glacial pace at which I've been working on my map, this is bound to slow that work down a bit. But it's all good, and we're super-excited.

Steel General
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Congrats!!

Gandwarf
08-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Congrats... I think it's funny (not in the weird sense) you are posting this to the internet earlier then telling family and friends :)

Karro
08-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Thanks! :)

My wife was on the pregnancy board almost as soon as she had a positive test. She's so excited she's about to explode (in a good way). The internet is kind of a good place to share, simply because you can do so in a semi-anonymous way. Anyway, we're planning on telling the 'rents next week. But she's been trying to think of a creative way to tell her 'rents, since this'll be their first grandkid.

Greason Wolfe
08-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Congrats Indeed!!

I so miss having a little one running around, asking questions and wanting to play. It was, I must admit, one of my favorite times in life.

GW

Ascension
08-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Joyous news and congratulations to you Big K. Get your sleep in now while you still can :)

Alfar
08-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Great news! Being a father of two, let me just say you're in for the ride of a lifetime ;)

And yes, sleep now. A lot. You'll thank yourself later. They say you can't save up sleep, but at the least, try to catch up with what you've missed over the last years ;)

ravells
08-28-2009, 03:50 PM
That's great news! Congratulations!

I hope that your child brings you much happiness and lots of joy!

Steel General
08-28-2009, 04:07 PM
@Ravs - Aren't you do for a new addition here soon?

Karro
08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys! Ahh... to sleep. I take your advice seriously, believe me. But it's already tough getting enough of that stuff, being an evening student and holding down a job... I realize, of course, that it only gets worse after the little one gets here.

But I'm excited for it!

ravells
08-28-2009, 08:24 PM
@Ravs - Aren't you do for a new addition here soon?

Yep we're going out on Tuesday to get her (adopting a little girl from India). We're both freaking out a bit here thinking that this time next week we're going to be a mum and dad.

Steel General
08-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Ahh I thought so..well congrats again to you too...

NeonKnight
08-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Congrats, Congrats!

altasilvapuer
08-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Congratulations, Karro!

So, since no one else seems to have been brave (read: daft) enough to ask, how early do you plan to start the child on Cartography? ;) Not too late, I trust? I'd be quite glad to welcome the little one to the boards. :P

All tomfoolery, aside, though, congratulations, indeed! They say the children are our future, and history leads me to believe that that's true. ;)

-asp

Diamond
08-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Ah children. I can't stand the little buggers myself (I don't believe I ever was one), but I've got nothing but respect for those that have the intestinal fortitude to raise 'em up right.

So congrats!

Karro
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Congratulations, Karro!

So, since no one else seems to have been brave (read: daft) enough to ask, how early do you plan to start the child on Cartography? ;) Not too late, I trust? I'd be quite glad to welcome the little one to the boards. :P

All tomfoolery, aside, though, congratulations, indeed! They say the children are our future, and history leads me to believe that that's true. ;)

-asp

You know... I remember doing a report in like 2nd or 3rd grade on Australia, and I loved drawing the map by copying from the map in the encyclopedia. Around the same time I started reading "The Chronicles of Prydain" (I still love those books), and began drawing my own maps for my own fantasy worlds... As a matter of fact (this is mildly embarrassing to admit) my current world-map is actually only the latest iteration in a long line of fantasy maps going back to that time - and it's still the same world I'm trying to map out.

I'm sure the tyke will enjoy youthful geekiness just as well. :D

Turgenev
08-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Congratulations Karro! Congrats to Ravi as well! Just remember to get the new generation hooked on cartography when the time comes. :lol:

ravells
08-31-2009, 05:42 PM
Don't you worry, that baby is gonna learn how to draw!

Karro
08-31-2009, 09:26 PM
Don't you worry, that baby is gonna learn how to draw!

It's an essential life skill for sanity self-maintenance!

Also, I forgot to offer congrats in return to you Ravells! Good luck on this brave endeavour! Adoption, in particular, seems particularly... I don't know that "brave" is the right word, but there's something extra special, you know what I mean?