PDA

View Full Version : Map of the Known World

theworldiown
08-29-2009, 12:14 PM
This is a map I did last night while trying to learn the CC3 software. It actually started out as a test map but as it developed I ended up liking it. I do have some problems with it however, such as the symbols are CC3 symbols because I haven't learned how to create and import my own yet.

I guess I could call this a WIP since there are changes I want to make. Does anyone think that it looks a bit too crowded?

Coyotemax
08-29-2009, 12:29 PM
I might take the text size down a bit to reduce any percieved crowding, otherwise it looks just fine to me.

Gandwarf
08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
It's looking quite nice. The text does indeed make the map look a bit crowded.

Steel General
08-29-2009, 12:34 PM
Yup I agree with Coyotemax, other than that it's a nice first attempt.

theworldiown
08-29-2009, 12:43 PM
is there a way to resize the text without deleting and replacing it in CC3? I can't find any mention of it in their user manual.

theworldiown
08-29-2009, 03:16 PM
Here is an update with smaller text. It looks a lot cleaner. I went ahead and used an old save without the text on it and just added it in. Any other ideas?

Gandwarf
08-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Some color variations on the land? A grey or brown contour for the mountains, a green contour for the forests. It will make your map look a lot better (if you pick the right colors that is - they should blend in with the color of the land).

theworldiown
08-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the tips. They really helped out a lot. I also learned a lot about CC3 which was the goal when I started out. Would you call this a finished product or do you see anything else I need to do?

Gandwarf
08-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Ah, the contours helped a lot. Much better.
This map seems to be finished, yes. You need to know when to stop adding things, else the map gets too crowded.