PDA

View Full Version : [dropped out]September Entry: Vaerennig Loagland

Flaterectomy
09-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Well you can't have a Passage of Time mapping challenge and not expect the us Dutchies to be tickled by the idea, can you? ;) The whole history of my homeland pretty much revolves around heavily editing our land map. :D

So, in honour of this fact, I decided to do something similar to what The Netherlands has done for the last centuries, and create an antique map of the fictional country of Vaerennig Loagland (United Lowland(s) in a bastardised Dutch dialect), and a modern atlas map that will show much in the way of reclaiming land from the sea and added infrastructure, etc.

I'm working at a fairly low resolution as my other current project The Land of Ire and Ice (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6781) is a bit bigger than this and makes my computer run very slowly, and I want this challenge to not frustrate me like that map sometimes does. ;)

Attached is a very basic land shape with some rivers and lakes that will be my starting point for both maps.

Gandwarf
09-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Yay for another entry. Interesting concept also!

Flaterectomy
09-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Whoops, small typo in my topic title. If a kind mod would change Verennig to Vaerennig I'd be much obliged. :D

Gandwarf
09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Consider it done...

Flaterectomy
09-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Gandwarf: That's the second time you've fixed a title for me, I hereby consider you my personal title changer. ;)

Gandwarf
09-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Sure, tomorrow I will change your nick as well :D

Flaterectomy
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
Meep, so much for this project. :oops: After a couple of failed attempts at turning this into a map I liked and being generally busy with other things I'll have to pull out of the competition.

Gandwarf
09-27-2009, 09:23 AM
Well... too bad.
That's it for us Dutchies I guess :)