PDA

View Full Version : Fun on the Farm

Duvik
07-21-2007, 12:25 PM
I made this one for a competitive DnD scenario involving two teams of PCs and a single chicken... if you want more info on that... let me know :D

The map could also be used for any number of scenarios in a normal campaign so I felt it'd be ok to post it here.

The entire map was handmade in photoshop and I'm pretty happy with it. The stacked crates serve as great terrain enhancements and its great fun to see folk scrambling to climb atop them to be first to capture the chicken :D

Hopefully someone else can find some use for it and, if ya do, I wouldn't mind hearing how you put it to use.

RPMiller
07-21-2007, 12:33 PM
:D Easy to use that with MapTool and visibility settings to make a fun little contest. Thanks!

ravells
07-21-2007, 12:47 PM
I really like the hand drawn effect of the crates and the hay/grass that they're standing on.

Duvik
07-21-2007, 02:47 PM
Thanks much for feedback... here's a link to the actual rules for the event this map was created for. The grid should line up at 35px. I'd love to hear if anyone actually tries the event. I plan on actually introducing it in a campaign I play in as well. The PCs will have to win the Capture the Chicken event in order to achieve a goal :D

((note: Capture the Chicken was created by a fella named Nishiki, I just made the map))

Rules of Capture the Chicken (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2288)

torstan
07-23-2007, 12:41 PM
That's brilliant. I'll definitely use both the map and the rules.