PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

Ostar
09-08-2009, 07:26 AM
Just a quick hello, I'm new in the world of map making, I have always been interested over many decades so I will most likely be reading and learning more so at this point then sharing.
I'm interested in both hand drawn and computer illustrated mapping.
Any recommendations or points in the right direction would be great.

Rich :D

Alfar
09-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Welcome aboard, Ostar.

As soon as you get something that looks a bit like a map, do post it! Folks here are great at making you feel good about your work and suggest improvements at the same time - it's the fastest (and funnest) way to learn.

Good mapping.

Gandwarf
09-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the guild Ostar!

Ostar
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Thank you Alfar I'm very excited to have joined and about learning, it may take me a little while but I will post something. I'm very impressed with the talent as well as the friendliness here on the forums.

Thank you Gandwarf I sure will, I saw some of your maps while thumbing through the threads earlier and I must say your work is outstanding.
I'm really looking forward to being here and being among such creative talent.

NeonKnight
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Ostar
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Thank you Neon. :D

Steel General
09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Gandwarf
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Thank you Alfar I'm very excited to have joined and about learning, it may take me a little while but I will post something.

If you have something to share I advice you to post it. I learned so much on this forum!

unfair
09-08-2009, 02:33 PM
welcome to the guild and a world of mapp making fun;)

Ostar
09-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Thank you Steel and unfair. :)

Thank you Gandwarf, I'll most likely post some "rough" hand sketches at first more so for the design aspect followed by more detailed drawings and of course I would like to get some feedback along each step.
I eventually would like to scan it and run it through either Illustrator or PS (or both - I have older versions) neither which I'm not very good at, lots more to learn there too especially when it comes to building a library of brushes and textures for roads and such.

At the moment I mess around with 3D art and eventually would like to incorporate them all, not sure how at the moment though. :)

edit* I'm checking out your creating a village and city tutorials now, thank you for sharing these.