PDA

View Full Version : Macadamia nut. Hi there.

drjill
09-08-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm a geographer and I've enjoyed viewing the wonderful maps displayed in this forum for quite some time.

I'm also co-founder of Mapdiva, LLC and we've just released Ortelius. Ortelius is a vector-based map illustration program for Mac OS X. I've posted more under Software Discussion.

Glad to be here, hello mappers!

Ascension
09-08-2009, 07:08 PM
Welcome to The Guild. We hope that you contribute as much as you can and at least share your constructive criticisms, and gush over the good stuff ;) Poke around and enjoy your stay.

Korash
09-08-2009, 07:29 PM
I just gotta laugh... :lol:

1 post and already a Indy Pro 8)

I had a look at the site a bit and I LIKE that you have the Guild in your list of resources. :D Repped for that too.

Are there any plans to come out with a *shudder* windows version?

Redrobes
09-08-2009, 08:24 PM
Yes and the only person to have ever posted an intro and a post in the software section and tally a post count of 1. That's particularly clever too :D

That must be why she is Dr Jill. The force is strong in this one...

NeonKnight
09-08-2009, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

NeonKnight
09-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes and the only person to have ever posted an intro and a post in the software section and tally a post count of 1. That's particularly clever too :D

That must be why she is Dr Jill. The force is strong in this one...

That's because that was a moderated post and only us moderators can see it to change it ;)

And It has been approved for viewing by the general public!

drjill
09-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I just gotta laugh... :lol:

1 post and already a Indy Pro 8)

I had a look at the site a bit and I LIKE that you have the Guild in your list of resources. :D Repped for that too.

Are there any plans to come out with a *shudder* windows version?

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a strong believer in the importance of aesthetics in effective communication, creativity, etc. Professionally I've missed that very much with traditional GIS tools. = Much of the motivation behind Ortelius. There is a lot to learn from the very artistic maps posted by the CG - so of course among my fav resources for ideas and inspiration! Oh, sorry on the Windows version as we don't have any immediate plans.

Steel General
09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Welcome Aboard drjill!

unfair
09-09-2009, 02:32 PM
welcom to the guild!