PDA

View Full Version : New Member Message

CartofMaps
09-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Greetings Fellow Cartophiles!

I have been a practising cartographer for over 30 years and would to say greetings to all those who enjoy making and looking at maps. I currently working for a government agency in Canada, and do some free-lance mapping/graphic design on the side. I am interested in map design issues related to layout elements along with type usage matters. I also collect historical maps.

I look forward to hearing from my fellow guild members through this most impressive site.

Thank you

CartofMaps

Ascension
09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Welcome aboard and don't be shy when it comes to sharing your knowledge in things that we don't know about...we're all mostly hobbyists so there is plenty that we don't really know :)

Steel General
09-15-2009, 10:45 PM
Welcome Aboard!

RobA
09-15-2009, 10:58 PM
Another wanderer from the great white north!

Well come!

-Rob A>

Korash
09-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Don't forget to raise the Maple leaf on the Members Location map. It is around here somewhere. just gotta move some of the maps around to find it though. ;)

Welcome to the CG :)

:Edit: found it here (http://www.cartographersguild.com/utilities/cgi-bin/WhereInTheWorld.pl)

mearrin69
09-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Welcome! What a cool job you've got. :)

@Korash: Thanks for the map link - that should be sticky somewhere. Would be cool it showed usernames and maybe linked to profiles but it's pretty cool as-is.
M

Steel General
09-16-2009, 09:52 PM
- that should be sticky somewhere. Would be cool it showed usernames and maybe linked to profiles but it's pretty cool as-is.
M

It's in the "Community" drop-down at the top of the thread listing on each page.

Korash
09-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Welcome! What a cool job you've got. :)

@Korash: Thanks for the map link - that should be sticky somewhere. Would be cool it showed usernames and maybe linked to profiles but it's pretty cool as-is.
M

if you mouse-over the dots you get the username