PDA

View Full Version : Map picture for a cover

Notsonoble
09-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Here's something I'm working on for the cover of my realm reference sheet/booklet...

The point was to kinda show the progression from a rough sketch to a map with details...

I never intended for it to be a really well done map... and wanted something kind of quick...

Rogueleader89
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
I like the idea behind it, I would detail the bottom right corner even further, thus spreading the progression from
sketch -> color + some detail -> high detail

Tear
09-16-2009, 05:35 PM
I also like the idea behind it, but man, that's a serious case for the River Police. ;)

CookedNoodles
09-18-2009, 04:13 AM
You might want to think about moving the text to the center of the page as the "Reference" is clashing with the mountains and forest behind.

Notsonoble
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the comments, If I feel better I'm probably gonna work on this some more today...

Notsonoble
10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
I've taken a second stab at this, and need to play with where the map evolves a little, but I took a very different approach on the mountains... As for river police... well a map starts out with some violations anyway... so like other things you should see the rivers improve over the map.

I'll try and have it up tonight. I may also post a 3 layered xcf and let people take stabs at the fading places of the maps evolution...

I've decided change from a full page image on a cover to a solid color boarder with the title and other information on the boarder for the cover.

Notsonoble
10-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Well here's the second try...