PDA

View Full Version : Two Maps for To Kill or Not To Kill

torstan
09-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Since Steve posted these in the news section I think it's only reasonable that they go up here too!

These are two maps completed for the Rite Publishing adventure To Kill or Not To Kill (http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=64476), part of the Rituals of Choice adventure path.

This one is a lair on a tropical island deep in a swamp. I like the way the turquoise water pools came out. The caves stone was based on wave rock (http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=wave+rock&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&oq=). I think it came through okay.

The second (actually comes first in the adventure) was an interesting challenge as it was a very simple map - a fallen tree bridge in a swamp. It needed to be clear, and also have some atmosphere. So I used the waterfalls to give the environment some perspective and Steve also wanted a little iso view in the bottom left - that I think worked out really well.

In the (very) near future these will also appear as printable pdfs at 1 inch grid scale.

As these are commissions, they do not fall under the CC licensing in my sig, but instead are rights reserved.

Redrobes
09-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Your 11 pts higher on your rep :)

Great maps the both of em. Tho scraper is only going to pick up the top one in the thumbs unless you start another thread for the second.

torstan
09-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Yep, that's why the ordering is that way round. If I start a new thread for every map it might get a little out of hand (I have 11 maps from Halls of the Mountain King that I'll be posting sometime in October!).

Glad you like them, and thanks for the rep :)

torstan
10-22-2009, 01:03 PM
The tree bridge is now up on RPGNow along with a selection of other maps. You can find them through the link in my sig.

Tom_Cardin
10-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Very beautiful!

mearrin69
10-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Yeah, those are very nice. Love the colors and painterly textures. Not sure what's going on in the adventure but these definitely offer up a "feeling". Repped (er, not repped, guess I have to spread it around).
M