PDA

View Full Version : Necropolis

Steel General
09-28-2009, 03:10 PM
OK, I created this based on this thread (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6317) in the Map Requests forum. I have not seen any sign of the OP in several weeks so do not know if they have seen it or not.

I'm not 100% happy with the way some of it turned out, (the Beholder Gate for example) but overall I'm pleased with the outcome.

This will probably be the last city map I do for quite awhile, I'm completely burnt out on doing them.

This is in my usual style, with stacked layers of textures, and layer effects. Feel free to grab a copy if you have some use for it.

Gandwarf
09-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow, very cool Steel General!
This must have taken quite some time indeed. The style hits the nail on the head and the houses being located in regular rows is really fitting for a city like this. The bridges over the lava are my favorite I think :)

Have some rep!

Oh, and don't you just love city maps? :D
I can't push myself to do one at the moment either...

zenram
09-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow i love the textures on this one. speacially those of the "walls" of the cavern.

The buildings get lost with the sorroundings, but maybe is the idea?

Steel General
09-28-2009, 04:57 PM
Thanks folks...

The buildings get lost with the sorroundings, but maybe is the idea?

I had thought about changing the texture (and it wouldn't be overly difficult), but then I thought they would probably make do with the material on hand, so I left it as is.

zenram
09-28-2009, 05:05 PM
but then I thought they would probably make do with the material on hand, so I left it as is.

Wow, yeha, that was smart... XD

Aegeri
09-30-2009, 05:40 AM
That's really nice, I'll definitely use that in my game.

torstan
09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
That's very dark and brooding. I like it a lot!

Steel General
09-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Torstan & Aegeri - Thanks! :)

Gregorus Prime
09-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Good god, you make some beautiful maps. I hope that when I finally get around to mapping out a few major cities for my campaign they'll look at least something like this. Have some well-deserved rep.

Tiana
10-01-2009, 04:50 AM
I love creepy maps and this really hits the nail on the head. The texture, the lava, the buildings in rows--all of it screams 'this place is creepy and I want to explore it'. I love the bridges over the lava.

Steel General
10-01-2009, 08:46 AM
@Gregorus Prime & Tiana - Thanks...

Triplix
10-26-2011, 06:16 AM
Nice Work..you ve got talent