PDA

View Full Version : Aethous Commission

Sapiento
09-29-2009, 07:53 AM
The commission I did for Ophiucha (http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=7085).

Made in PS. All details on the map - towns, creatures etc. made in PS,too.

Coyotemax
09-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Very nice, I like the style. Unfortunately, I can't rep for it since I just did for the challenge :) (but i'll come back to it!)

Sapiento
09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Very nice, I like the style. Unfortunately, I can't rep for it since I just did for the challenge :) (but i'll come back to it!)

Thanks.
I had the same problem repping you as I did it recently, but I'm sure you come up with a good map soon enough :)

Coyotemax
09-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Rep is fun, but that's not really why I'm in this mess, so it's all good :)

Gandwarf
09-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Repped Sapiento! I like it...
Where did you get the symbols or did you make them yourself?
(edit: should have read better, you made them yourself in PS I think? If so, you are quite a skilled drawer. Would love to see more symbols from you)

Sapiento
09-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Repped Sapiento! I like it...
Where did you get the symbols or did you make them yourself?
(edit: should have read better, you made them yourself in PS I think? If so, you are quite a skilled drawer. Would love to see more symbols from you)

Yes, I did it myself. It's not really hard. As the symbols are made to be scaled down it's not necessary to add too great detail.
Only the great capital cities were made with Illustrator because of the geometric forms, for which vector programs are so useful. But at that level of detail it could have been made in PS without great difference.

Steel General
09-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Neat little map!

IngIngsvar
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
I like those mountains very much!