PDA

View Full Version : Sep/Oct Entry: CASTLE BIGROCK

zenram
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I have here a small village and a castle, but to make it fit the theme of this month, the whole place have been invaded by a mad druid and his animals.

(Yes, related to one of my maps) XD

Of course this is just a start, im suffering with the hill.

Gandwarf
09-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Join the club... hills are a menace to me as well.

Avulsion
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
You have a ton of options from the looks of it. One idea might be to draw some "ridge lines" (http://www.flickr.com/photos/heilemann/2378598/) going from the center of the hill towards the moat. They could be just in the grey rock area you have created, not all the way to the center. Just the steep part around the perimeter. Also, you might try to make the transition between rock and grass more smooth. I'm excited to see how you continue with this map!

zenram
10-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Still working on it, yesterday i finally come up with a hill i like, but i will post the wip as soon as i end this day work on it. XD

zenram
10-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Well, im still working in this one, im gonna change the walls castle textures and maybe some others. I did a detailed work on the castle and now im gonna work on the village.

### Latest WIP ###

Gandwarf
10-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Looks nice, but I do have some nitpicks:

- The texture for the hill looks a bit weird, the same goes for the walls?
- The trees look good, but are all clones. Maybe create several treed (mirroring them, shrinking them, etc). It will look more natural.

zenram
10-13-2009, 08:04 AM
Well, i think it's ready for post-production, im gonna correct some flaws, label it, and add the history with Gimp, so if you have any comment, this is the moment.

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
10-13-2009, 05:59 PM
That's a good lookin forest and I like most of the rocks but some of them look faded on the right where the sand kinda blurs them.

Gandwarf
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow, this turned out pretty well! You made a huge leap from the last version. Forest does indeed look great.

Xyll
10-16-2009, 01:10 PM
I agree the forests look great the only thing is the fields look a little weird like you need some more texture in their and they are a bit angular but besides that it looks great.

ravells
10-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Looking great! I'd desaturate the colour of the water a bit though if it were me. The forest is excellent and the whole feel of it is really nice. I think the field texture might look better if it was a little smaller though. Is this all done in CC3?

zenram
10-22-2009, 03:53 PM
1. Advices listed and waiting for implementation.

2. Yes, the fields are one of the things I least like.

3. Yes everything is done in cc3, but in the end I will add the history, framework and a couple of details with GIMP. (The textures were also worked on GIMP)

My PC decided it was time for self-retire and i haven't advance anything. But in the end it was good, it gave me the push i needed to purchase a new computer, a lovely laptop which took me two days to configure (Vista issues, i can't wait for windows 7). XD

zenram
10-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Im not sure if i will be able of finish this map on time, but im gonna upload the last version.
### Latest WIP ###

Gidde
10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Hmm, I can't see your WIP pic :(

zenram
10-25-2009, 08:11 PM
An improvement to the fields, I think. In a couple of hours im gonna upload the rest. I hope..

### Latest WIP ###

Ascension
10-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Fields look like sheet music to me but I totally dig the rest of it. Very cool.