PDA

View Full Version : New guy around

kayeich
10-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey all. Just getting that introduction post out of the way.

I enjoy roleplaying games a lot, and design stuff, so that's primarily where my interest in cartography is arising from. I've always been a strong photoshop user, although recently gotten into ProFantasy's software, which I'm in the process of trying to figure out, as I bought some of it recently (World Builder bundle) after playing around with FT Pro's demo. Not sure yet if the purchase is worth it, but I certainly hope so!

Joined Cartographer's Guild after seeing a lot of links this way about CC3 and world design in general. I'm probably gonna be lurking for the most part, but it looked worthwhile to join. =)

I'm in the process of designing a world for an Iron Heroes game (D20 fantasy game similar to D&D that's low in magic casting), and here's a world map I generated first with FT Pro, and then touched up in Photoshop.

Ascension
10-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Not too shabby. Welcome to The Guild.

zenram
10-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Great work, and welcome to the guild !!

rdanhenry
10-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Good-looking map. That big land-locked ocean gives it a nice non-Earth feature right at the world map level. No scale given, but the map suggests a large size, so you've got some very big nations in the Vyrdam Republic and Hilfernas Kingdom. I hope some of the other labels are regional rather than national, so you have a mix of smaller nations as well.

Steel General
10-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Welcome Aboard!

NeonKnight
10-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

Immolate
10-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Good work so far. I'd love to see your world detailed out, and don't be disappointed if you find that the tool you already know is one of the finest mapping tools around. Rep for you sir and welcome!