PDA

View Full Version : Map Drawing Under Pressure

Gidde
10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry for starting 2 new threads within a few minutes, but they just weren't at all related to each other .... this amazes me.

I couldn't draw this freehand from memory without the crowd watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk&feature=related

Steel General
10-05-2009, 04:49 PM
That is pretty neat...

Ascension
10-05-2009, 05:08 PM
That's well done. I don't think I could do it either. Maybe he's a closet map nerd like the rest of us, clearly the hand-drawn style is his forte :)

Tiana
10-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Pretty impressive! ...I could draw Saskatchewan live! >_> But that is pretty impressive. I couldn't do that. Not that confidently with a sharpie, especially.

Qwynegold
10-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Inspired by this, I tried to see how well I could do on a world map. But that guy is light years away from me. North America became completely twisted because the map is a little tilted. And some countries got really wrong shapes, which I was already aware of when drawing them (like Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Algeria, Chad, Sudan, Democratic Republic of Kongo). Some places got placed completely wrong, like Tuvalu and Cayman Islands. Tokelau I mislabeled as Tuamotu,:oops: Montserrat I labelled as belonging to France when it supposed to be the UK, and Puerto Rico I forgot completely about:oops: (there were some other non-independent areas too in the Caribbeans that I left out, but who can keep track of 'em all; and some smaller atolls and islands in the Pacific I left out intentionally, because if you don't have a permanent population, then you're not worth my time at all).

Kjohrf
10-08-2009, 02:22 AM
Sorry for starting 2 new threads within a few minutes, but they just weren't at all related to each other .... this amazes me.

I couldn't draw this freehand from memory without the crowd watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0-FYyuvrRk&feature=related

Very nice. He did a rough version of the same task on SNL many years ago.