PDA

View Full Version : Caverns of the Deepening Doom

Tom_Cardin
10-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Here is my final. I did this as an experiment in styles and techniques. I am thankfull to everyone who helped out with a critique or suggestion in the WIP thread.

It is a fairly generic map for gaming. The names and titles on the map now are hopefully thought provoking and imaginative enough that the dungeon masters who run this in their game can flesh it out with fun and exciting encounters that fit within the bounds of their worlds.

torstan
10-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Great map. Well done.

Coyotemax
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Ooh ya. I likesit.

the board even let me rep ya.

Immolate
10-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Most slickiest of cave maps and quite professional in flavor. Yes, I made up that word.

wormspeaker
10-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Fantastic map. Looks like one heck of an adventure.

zenram
10-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Great map, old-school style, i like it a lot.

You should call wizards. XD

Turgenev
10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Very nice! I like the use of the crosshatching and overall colours/textures. Have some well deserved rep.

Tom_Cardin
10-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks all for the kind words! I am all jazzed up now.

DungeonMasterGaz
10-07-2009, 08:14 PM
This is sweet. A very DM friendly, and perfectly useable map. Your place names are provoking. I had a few ideas for an adventure as I was reading through them, and the room details only help futher the imagination. I think you've done a huge chunk of the DMs work for him with this. I also love the terrain in areas 4, 8, 9/10 and eleven. I can see some interesting battles being fought In them, each different from the other!

Anything with aquatic goblins deserves rep. 675 XP.

DMG

torstan
10-07-2009, 08:22 PM
This would be a great map for a game. I don't suppose you'd be willing to post an unlabeled version for the vtt crowd? Also, I don't know if you've thought about the license for your stuff - I know a few of us use CC licensing for our non-commercial maps. It helps keep things clear for people who want to use stuff on here for their games. That means if someone uses one of my maps for a game and posts an in game screenshot of the map on a forum they know it's fine.

rdanhenry
10-08-2009, 02:13 AM
I can practically smell the dead PCs.

Tom_Cardin
10-09-2009, 01:49 AM
DungeonMasterGaz - thank you! Thats exactly what I was hoping to do with this...really get some imaginations popping.

torstan - thanks! I can post an unlabled version, but it will have to wait till I get back to work tomorrow...its my little after hours project and I have not transfered the unflattened PSD home yet. I would be glad to place a rights notice on this as well...do you have a sample text I could use? I am not sure what the wording should be, I just want people to freely use this in their games but I want credit if they should repost it somewhere.

rdanhenry - maps don't kill PC's, people do! hehe. No I just give people too much rope in my games...and lots of places to tie it to...and free noose tying lessons.

torstan
10-09-2009, 11:28 AM
Absolutely!

The text in my sig does a reasonable job of this, and the creative commons image is also a link to the page where it explains the license. That one sounds like it will fill your requirements.

Karro
10-09-2009, 01:09 PM
That's a finely cool cave map, there!

Tom_Cardin
10-09-2009, 05:29 PM
torstan - ahh I see, thank you!

Karro - Thanks!

Here's two versions with labels etc cleared off for player map versions and such

torstan
10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Great! Thanks.

Turgenev
10-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the unlabeled cavern maps!