PDA

View Full Version : Worldself Islands

Resty
10-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Hey,
so this is my first "serious" PC/software-made map (CC3).
It was made according to tutorial found on youtube, posted by "joesweeney88"
It is my first and more-less just a training map, and now, I dont know, what to do next with it.
Thanks for comments and critics, please, go ahead.

Steel General
10-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Not bad for your first try, the only real 'nit pick' I have is the land masses are very polygonal. I'm not a CC3 user, so I can't tell you how to fix/correct that.

You're definitely 'on your way'. :)

Gidde
10-11-2009, 11:00 AM
I use CC2 so it may be different on CC3, but try fractalizing your shapes a little more. I usually keep clicking that line until I can't tell it's changing anymore.

Other than that, this is looking good! Have some rep for your first map :)

Ascension
10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
What you do with it next is write down all of the things that you want to do better with it then go and make a new map and work on those things. You have a fine map and, other than the landmass shapes, I think it's pretty good. You certainly have the basics down as well as some more advanced techniques so you're ready for bigger and better things. Well done.

Resty
10-15-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks a lot for the comments, a will try and do my best next time, especially when I found the "fractalizing bottom" in CC3 finally.
Sadly Im a little busy now, so I do not know, when Ill start the second map, but I hope soon.
Thanks a lot again.