PDA

View Full Version : Oh Noes! I Think My Tablet is Broken :(

Gidde
10-11-2009, 10:44 AM
Hey guys ... Google is failing me, and I know a LOT of people on here use tablets.

All of a sudden the calibration on my tablet seems to be off by a mile. When I hover it acts like I'm dragging, and when I tap nothing happens (presumably because the "tap" event happened an inch above the tablet). If I hold the pen well away from the tablet for a bit, sometimes it'll come back to normal, but this is happening more and more often.

At first I thought maybe it was the competing drivers that come with vista, but I just tried it on my work pc which has always worked fine, and it's doing it there too.

Is this thing toast?

Ascension
10-11-2009, 01:03 PM
Does your stylus have a battery in it? I know some do and maybe that might be it. I had that problem once, long time ago, with a crappy tablet that was like 20 bucks...needless to say I junked it :) Another possibility that I've noticed is that if the cord starts becoming loose it works all weirdly.

ravells
10-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Is your tablet a Wacom? Have you checked to see whether they have some sort of forum to ask questions? Might be worth a look

Gidde
10-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmm, checked on the pen (no battery) and the cord (reseating mutiple times didn't help). Thanks for the ideas, anything's worth a shot before I buy another one.

Ravells, we cross-posted. I've checked the Bamboo site and there's nothing in the knowledge base, my next step is going to be Wacom tech support I think.

Gidde
10-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Quick update -- I heard back from tech support, who said it sounded like my pen tip was stuck down. He recommended taking the tip all the way out, leaving it out overnight, and putting it back in tomorrow. I'm hopeful that this will solve the problem, since when I pulled it out a dog hair came with it. That seems to corroborate the stuck diagnosis. We'll know tomorrow :)

Gidde
10-13-2009, 08:16 AM
It worked!

So, hopefully now if anyone else has the same problem, they know what to try :)

ravells
10-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Those dogs get everywhere!!! (my pen has little bite marks at one end - cats).

Glad to hear you're up and running Gidde. Wacom's products are really well made, sounds like their tech support is good too.

eabrek23
10-21-2009, 05:35 PM
I have a Wacom tablet, and under the Pen Properties you can calibrate the pen just like a SmartBoard if anyone knows what that is. (my teachers use SmartBoards in school all the time)