PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Human Jackalope
10-12-2009, 06:30 PM
It has been so long that I thought I might reintroduce myself as I reassociated with the likes of the mapmakers.

My name is Dane, I enjoy playing Dungeons and Dragons and any other game that involves my friends or new friends. As I alluded to a moment ago, I tried out cartographing last year and even snuck in before that but just don't seem to have the knack for it. I am sure that if I had more patience I would get better but it is very hard for me to find the time to add another hobby when I seem to have so many.

I am a pastor at a small church and enjoy theological and philosophical discussions. That doesn't mean I will start one, because here is not the place, but will happily share my two cents with anyone who is interested. If you ever find yourself with a question about life, the universe, or anything then PM me. Notice: I don't have all the answers but should be able to at least point you in the correct direction.

My mapping interests are primarily regional and global, city maps can so easily be fudged just by tossing in a few names and grabbing one of the millions off of the web. I like to have places that are almost recognizable. For example, my horribly doodled campaign map looks strickingly similar to the United States with some geographical additions, subtractions and liberties. Although I did my best to be careful I am a horrible speller and, it may not show here but, have a tendency to write walls of text.

Gandwarf
10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Welcome back :P

Juggernaut1981
10-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Nice to see a D&D-playing priest.
Welcome aboard...

Gidde
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM
If you ever find yourself with a question about life, the universe, or anything ...

42? ;)

Welcome back!

PS - And if your interest in discussion extends to civil and respectful debate, feel free to PM me anytime. I love debating philosophy/theology, but so few people can do so without getting angry. :(

NeonKnight
10-13-2009, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Steel General
10-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Welcome Aboard!

zenram
10-13-2009, 07:35 AM
Welcome back!!

Korash
10-13-2009, 01:17 PM
42? ;)

Welcome back!

PS - And if your interest in discussion extends to civil and respectful debate, feel free to PM me anytime. I love debating philosophy/theology, but so few people can do so without getting angry. :(

That is because some people have a tendancy to forget that a debate is an exercise where two or more people discuss various sides of a stated point of view. Instead they believe that a debate is where you state your side of the argument and those that disagree can "shut the F**k up", and the louder stated the more authority given.

BTW, welcome to the Guild :)

I too love a good debate :D Pick a topic, flip a coin (I take heads) and choose a side ;)