PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

withaz
10-12-2009, 11:19 PM
I stumbled across this site via a link from Make Magazine. I wish I had found it years ago. It would have been much more helpful in my previous job. I used to work at an architecture firm. One of my roles was making the graphics for presentations. Now I work for a technology company and don't do graphics anymore... at least not professionally. I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve my skills though. One never knows when you will need to create a masterpiece at a moments notice. I'm glad to have found this talented community.

Gamerprinter
10-12-2009, 11:34 PM
I stumbled across this site via a link from Make Magazine. I wish I had found it years ago. It would have been much more helpful in my previous job. I used to work at an architecture firm. One of my roles was making the graphics for presentations. Now I work for a technology company and don't do graphics anymore... at least not professionally. I'm always on the lookout for ways to improve my skills though. One never knows when you will need to create a masterpiece at a moments notice. I'm glad to have found this talented community.

Welcome to the Guild, Withaz!

I was wondering where all the hits were coming from today, especially to the Cartographers' Choice Map forum - I mean a lot of people! So I checked out Makezine.com to find out what was going on. That' cool. A few months ago, a major RPG comic site, called Penny Arcade, that practically shut us down with so much traffic - still a good thing, though.

Never too late to learn how to make a fantasy map, even if you changed jobs, who knows you might need to change jobs again, and being an accomplished cartographer might get you somewhere.

Of course you were checking out the Cartographers' Choice map, so explore the finished maps, tutorials and the WIP forums - lots to see and learn.

Again, welcome to the Guild - make us a map, please!

GP

NeonKnight
10-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Welcome to the Guild!

Steel General
10-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Welcome Aboard!

zenram
10-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Welcome Aboard!!

Gidde
10-13-2009, 09:47 AM