PDA

View Full Version : The Hex Caverns

Turgenev
10-17-2009, 01:37 AM
This cavern is for the OSRIC project I'm currently working on. There are a series of caverns that are reported to be cursed/haunted and they are known locally as the Hex Caverns. Thanks to RobA for the cross-hatching image. I finally got around to putting it to use. ;)

I still have other details to add to the map but this is a start.

Steel General
10-17-2009, 09:06 AM
More cool stuff... :)

Turgenev
10-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks SG. I'm currently writing up the Inn of the Laughing Giant stuff so far, but I take breaks and work on the other stuff for my OSRIC project as the inspiration hits me. The real task will be bringing everything together into one unified project. So far, I have notes and maps (both in various degrees of completion) for the Inn, the earth god shrine (who I might call Khondu because 'earth god' is so boring, the temple of the air god (now named Solaero), and the start of the Irongate Dwarven Mining Company shop). That's not including my real work. ;)

Steel General
10-17-2009, 07:20 PM
The Earth God in my homebrew is named "Zur" (with an accent over the 'u') - it always sounds better to me when the dieties have names.

Turgenev
10-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Heh heh, I first read Zur as Zul which made me immediately think of Ghostbusters (which in my books isn't a bad thing - loved the movies and loved the RPG). ;)

Here's the second Hex Caverns map.

Turgenev
11-12-2009, 02:34 AM
I've decided to redesign the Hex Caverns from the ground up. I now have 11 pages of caverns drawn up. I'm in the process of converting the drawings to the computer and cleaning them up.

I've decided to release the previous two cavern maps that I've posted under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Canada License. Here are those maps with area numbers added.

18567 18568

sigurdbjohansson
12-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Hello Turgenev..

First of all, nice map.....
Where did you get the crosshatch tile? Or did you make it yourself? And would it be possible to get my hands on it?

-ss-

RobA
12-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Hello Turgenev..

Where did you get the crosshatch tile? Or did you make it yourself? And would it be possible to get my hands on it?

-ss-

Here is one I posted up a while back: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?3746

-Rob A>

jtougas
12-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Excellent work..and agree on the deity names the stranger the better.. :)

Turgenev
12-11-2010, 09:22 PM
It has been ages since I've looked at these maps but I believe the crosshatch was the one that RobA posted up thread. Thanks again for posting that link, Rob, because I lost it when my old computer died.