PDA

View Full Version : WIP Rolleplay Continent

The Silent Cartographer
10-24-2009, 11:02 AM
after abour 3hours of work i have now reached this: (see thumbnail)

okay, before i move on, i would like to know what i can do better, are the mountianranges where they realisticaly should be? are teh rivers correct?

this is my first attempt on making a compleete Rolleplay world, everything from culture, to politics, history... to the map....

but as said before i close down the "unmovable" terrian and start with forests, cities and other details i would like to know what i could have done better, even when i t comes to technical stuff like..blending, making the map have a more... fantasy map feel to it

i have not yet named the continent/world, i do that after i have made everything done,so thats why the crappy title

Steel General
10-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Couple things I noticed...

Mix up the mountain symbols a bit more, to many of the same one next to each other
Consider changing the color below the mountains from that fleshy pink to something more tan or brown
I would suggest looking at some images of mountain ranges on Google Earth or something similar.

The rest isn't to bad at all :)

The Silent Cartographer
10-25-2009, 01:32 AM
Allright thanks :D

haha yeah i knew that my mountains would be all wrong, probably moving the left mountain range even more left i think, making the top part of the map a mountain area perhaps, what do you think about that?

----------------------------------------
Edit:
Her is the map now, please tell me if i have gone crazy with the rivers, maybe i should delete a few? or...doe they disobey physics? what about hte mountains? better/worse?

Gandwarf
10-25-2009, 08:31 AM
The rivers look natural.
I wouldn't use this color brown as the background of your mountains. Try grey for example.

Steel General
10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
The rivers look fine to me, I didn't notice any violations.

For the mountains, my opinion is the ranges should be narrower with smaller spurs running off at various angles. But wait and get a some more C&C before making any more changes.

The Silent Cartographer
10-25-2009, 09:18 AM
allright haha wil redo the mountains for sure, and what is C&C? sorry if it is a an00bish question, the only thing i relate to C&C is Comand and Conquer

Gandwarf
10-25-2009, 09:53 AM
C&C = Comments & Criticism

And Command and Conquer of course... once a great series of games.
But alas, all things of beauty eventually fall into ruin ;)

Juggernaut1981
10-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Personally I think I'd make the following changes:

a border around the lake
a bit more waggle in the rivers

Otherwise, it's not looking too shabby. It ain't a Rembrandt but it meets all of those nice functional gamer-needs.

The Silent Cartographer
10-26-2009, 06:02 AM
allright i'll se what i can do about it, gonna change the mountains so the rivers will definatley be changed as well