PDA

View Full Version : Compass Rose query

theconorhogan
10-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I want to get a tattoo of a compass rose, but I'm struggling to find the right one. I am hoping you guys can help point me in the right direction. I've checked most clip art sites and stock photo sites with little luck. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a less obvious resource for finding what I am looking for...
And here is what I am looking for:
An antique, yet simple rose with a circular border around the outside edge. Eight rose points, with NESW being a little bigger than the other four.
I want it old looking, like something you'd see on a pirate map, but again, not too complex.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

mearrin69
10-29-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm no expert but I have done quite a bit of searching on the Internet for compass rose images...for comparison as I designed my own. The images (and quality) I dug up were mostly pretty awful. You might have better results consulting some books that feature old maps at the library.
M

Ascension
10-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Put the onus on the tattooer. They're the ones who are good at doing that sort of tribal swirly stuff, skulls and snakes and whatnot so have them design something. I know that costs a bit more but it would be unique.