PDA

View Full Version : my first map; the land of isonia.

ottobot
11-03-2009, 08:53 PM
hello, below is my first map that i have posted on this site. it is a hand drawn map of a large, heavily inhabited continent that was formed when 2 microcontinents where connected by a thin land bridge.
as you can see, it is not very complete as i've only just fineshed the rivers. feedback is very welcome.

Ascension
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Looks good so far. I'm guessing that the part where the rivers get all squirrely on the northern continent's east coast is a swamp...if that is so then bravo on getting your rivers done properly :) The mountains along the coast might be a tad unrealistic but that's not a real big deal...you could add some land around them so that the transition is not so abrupt or you could back them away from the coast a bit. The part where they form the land bridge is okay as that is to be expected.

ottobot
11-04-2009, 08:54 AM
yup, thats a swamp on the NE part of the west continent. i'll look into the mountains. they're somewhat based of the andes/rockies. i'll most likely have to add a little strip land to the north of the mountains.

ottobot
11-05-2009, 07:13 PM
okay, here's my second draft of isonia
i added the forests and fields, some land between the sea and mountains, and a couple extra rivers. also, in my first draft the top was cropped a little in the photo, but this new photo dosn't have that problem. again, feedback is welcome.