PDA

View Full Version : Asylum Floorplans - Who wants to play with this to create new map?

philipstephen
11-06-2009, 05:41 PM
Someone posted a link to asylum floorplans a while ago.

I snagged this image, and tweeked the contrast and removed the text.

My plan is to turn it into a dwarf hold - but i imagine it could become a monastery or any number of things...

would anyone like to play with this to change it into something else?

I shall do the same... and perhaps see how different our results are.

Be well,
Phil

Steel General
11-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Might make an interesting monthly challenge...

philipstephen
11-06-2009, 06:39 PM
Here is my first bit of play with the asylum floor plan to create a dwarfhold entrance.

The portions of walls that poke out of the mountain face are defensive towers with rune powered ballista and the like.

I am not sure what those angled rooms were in the original floorplan, but i am imagining them as chambers that tilt down into the earth to draw in spiritual energy to fuel their runic defenses on the cliff face.

Likely those small rooms are soldiers' quarters.

I would have to do some thinking to explain the rest, but it is not a bad start.

phil

mearrin69
11-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Saved this. Don't know what I'll do with it...but I saved it anyway :)

You're right, it is quite dwarven with some modifications. I like your start. One critique is that I'd get rid of the natural caverns or make them something special. Dwarves don't *do* natural caverns...at least in my conception of them. Gimli talked a good game about a chip here and a chip there in the caverns under Helm's Deep. Yeah. I bet they'd have had bridges and columns and all sorts of dwarvy stuff in there inside of a year :)

Anyway. I hadn't seen this before and it's a cool floorplan - neat layout. It will, no doubt, come in handy someday. Looking forward to seeing your fortress!
M

wormspeaker
11-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Interesting use of the image. I approve.

philipstephen
12-11-2009, 01:25 AM
A bit more work on the dwarfhold

May need to rethink some of the caves...

phil

MadCartographer
12-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Someone posted a link to asylum floorplans a while ago.

I snagged this image, and tweeked the contrast and removed the text.

My plan is to turn it into a dwarf hold - but i imagine it could become a monastery or any number of things...

would anyone like to play with this to change it into something else?

I shall do the same... and perhaps see how different our results are.

Be well,
Phil

I"m going to have to bail on this, my short sale has gotten even shorter, we need to get out very soon. Sorry.

Gandwarf
12-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Looks good Philiphstephen... interesting idea also.

Juggernaut1981
12-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Mine is going to, in the long term, be one that was engineered from the face of a cliff, part-way up as a sort of defensive lookout/defensive fortress-type structure. Think Petra with more arrows & catapults.

Anyway, random scribbling below...