PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cow!

anaxetogrind
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
My, my what a large populace of map makers I have uncovered. There is so many useful resources I don't even no where to begin reading. I could probably spend years just staring at my monitor collecting tons of useful bits of information.

For myself I use Photoshop, CC2 and CC3, Dundjinni, Gimp and several odd and ends programs to piece my maps together for the 2 weekly campaigns I currently run.

I hit on this site trying to figure out GM Apprentice was able to modify the CSUAC to be used with CC3. If anyone was able to point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful. Ie I am trying to modify PNG files to be used with my retinue of CC3 Dungeon and overland tools.

Ascension
11-12-2009, 04:27 AM
Welcome aboard. I don't know anything about CC3 but there are tons of others here who do so I'm sure they'll be by and help ya out.

Noon
11-12-2009, 04:33 AM
Hello from France and welcome.
I use CC3, but I don't know what is CSUAC. Sorry.

Ascension
11-12-2009, 04:39 AM
It's a bunch of images of things like rooftops, chairs, and all sorts of other stuff primarily used in Dunjinni as stamps but easily used in other programs. Here is a link.

http://gmsapprentice.com/

Steel General
11-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Welcome Aboard!

Like Ascension I'm not a CC user, but someone will be along in due time to answer your questions.

Noon
11-12-2009, 10:19 AM
It's a bunch of images of things like rooftops, chairs, and all sorts of other stuff primarily used in Dunjinni as stamps but easily used in other programs. Here is a link.

http://gmsapprentice.com/

Thank you very much, these packs of symbols are awesome !
Especially for the forests, I find it easier to stick small symbols of trees, rather than using textures.

anaxetogrind
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Now all I need is someone who knows how to modify pngs to the right files and presto I have many many more!!!

ravells
11-12-2009, 08:41 PM
love your avatar pic, axe. Welcome to the guild.

NeonKnight
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
Welcome to the Guild!

I kinda have an idea of what you are looking for. You want to know how to convert PNG's to image files. yes?

anaxetogrind
11-13-2009, 07:46 PM
The old CC2 required FSC file types but having played with CC3 last night I have discovered by selecting a file in a folder, the most awesomeness of CC3 will actually display the whole folder as a Symbol Catalog. Really, I feel silly now. I sat in front of my PC last night and went "Nah, it can't be that easy can it." From across the room my dear wife says, "What?" After my explanation she finally stopped chuckling 20 minutes later.

So anyone else out there searching, Stop. To Convert PNG to a CC3 file just don't!!!!!

love your avatar pic, axe. Welcome to the guild.

Thanks Ravells!!!

Noon
11-14-2009, 03:11 AM
:D I made the same discovery last night after downloading the CSUAC files !
It's very convenient.

Thank you for making me discover these amazing symbols.

NeonKnight
11-14-2009, 11:52 AM
True, but you CAN still make a symbol Catalog. Rob A made a set of 5 palm trees, which I then grabbed and made a symbol catalog with. In the Catalog I had options to randomly rotate, select and scale a palm tree from the Five RobA supplied. Thus when making a Jungle Battlemap (See my Thuderspire Labyrinth/Pyramid of Shadow Maps), I just need to click click click and put down a forest.

anaxetogrind
11-14-2009, 04:18 PM
I haven't figured out how to make the catalog with the Random functions etc yet, but as soon as I do I will post the method :-D

NeonKnight
11-15-2009, 01:02 PM
I haven't figured out how to make the catalog with the Random functions etc yet, but as soon as I do I will post the method :-D

And I can't remember :(