PDA

View Full Version : Dragonsgate WiP

ZleapingBear
11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Hay all. now. this if my first real take at city making , since im mostly making world maps :)

Using my own City generator to get the lay of the land so to speak, GIMP fore all the nice'nes and a hand drawn sword :)

Any tougths are walcome :)

Yours ZleapingBear

(this map can also be seen in the Mapping Resourses, As i use it as a sample to show mof my city generator :))

mearrin69
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks kind of cool - I like the style. The only thing that gets me is that the rivers are almost neon-bright. :) Not saying to change them but they do distract my eye from the city details a bit.
M

RobA
11-13-2009, 04:54 PM
And the map itself seems dark, but it could just be my gamma challenged notebook ;)

-Rob A>

rdanhenry
11-17-2009, 03:50 AM
I would expect water flow within the limits of a walled town to normally be a bit more controlled. Letting the streams meander might seem like a nice idea when considering how your town looks when it gets painted, a real draw for the tourist trade, but when the hard rains come, you'll wish the water was running down man-made channels with raised banks and planned drainage, instead of flooding your street and ruining your rug.